Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Stoneville, NC



Stoneville is a SMALL town in Rockingham County. According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 1.2 square miles, all of it land. (Wow, I was shocked!) The 2000 census shows that Stoneville has 1,002 people, 469 households, and 292 families residing in the town. In 1998, MUCH of the town was destroyed from a tornado. (Read more about it here.) However, they seem to have recovered well in the last 11 years. (Can you believe 1998 was 11 years ago?) Anyway, small, unusual towns are wonderful places for photographers to find and capture unnoticed compositions!


Below are a few scenes Scott and I found one Saturday in early spring....


Photo by Scott



Here is one of the well-known antique stores. It was not actually open, but the door blew open so we were able to get in touch with the owner, and I purchased an old Parker Brothers Game, "Masterpieces," in which you buy and trade artwork!







Photo by Scott


See my art blog, Forte & Motif, for a more artistic composition captured in downtown Stoneville!

2 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I found your blog through Mr. Lee's blog. I see we share the same passion: travelling. May I present myself: I live in Portugal - Lisbon and I have a blog about my trips around the world that I've just started. I am now telling about one month me and my husband and 3 children spent in Africa in 2007. You are most welcome to visit my blog, to translate to english and see the pictures. It'll be an honor to have your comments. Bye and I liked your blog a lot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by. I suppose you are "Joana." I found your blog and am still figuring out how to translate. I look forward to more communication in the future.

    ReplyDelete